The SCM is one of the University’s four Intake Offices to receive and investigate complaints (in instances where the respondent is a student) under McMaster’s Sexual Violence Policy (SVP) and Discrimination and Harassment Policy (D&H).
The other intake offices for these policies are:
- Employee/Labour Relations (faculty and staff)
- Student Case Management (students)
- Faculty of Health Sciences Professionalism Office (all Community Members in the Faculty of Health Sciences)
- Equity and Inclusion Office (students, staff, and faculty)
To discuss options under these policies with the Student Case Management Office, please book an appointment.
Additional resources can be found below.
Equity & Inclusion Office - Human Rights and Dispute Resolution Program
- Provides consultation for any students, staff, faculty, and other member of the University community on issues related to human rights;
- Acts as an Intake Office for formal complaints of discrimination, harassment or sexual violence;
- Oversees and, where required, investigates formal complaints lodged under the University’s Discrimination & Harassment Policy and/or the Sexual Violence Policy;
- When requested, facilitates resolution of concerns and complaints using alternate dispute resolution practices
Equity & Inclusion - Sexual Violence Prevention & Response Office
- Provide inclusive and trauma-informed response and support
- Provide community consultation and referrals
- Provide prevention education and response training